Well I began in mid March prepping the weed infested side yard for a garden. It has been interesting. I thought growing veggies with the kids would be educational, fun and cost effective. All three kids like to dig in the dirt, but when it's time to go and water daily or pull the weeds, Abby is the only one interested in helping. Don't get me wrong I love that she enjoys to help, but of course she typically makes it more work, but all in all I love it!! Isabella enjoyed planting the seeds, too. So here are some of the pictures from our progress.
We have three beds and we planted the following veggies:
Bed 1: Corn and Summer Squash, planted on 3/31
Bed 2: Carrots and Brussels Sprouts, planted on 4/8
Bed 3: Bell peppers, planted on 4/8 (still need one more thing... any suggestions??)Day 1: Planted Corn and Summer Squash and then I was pooped.
I knew I needed some space so I cleared out about 16 feet. What was I thinking???
Day 8 and we have Cinderella watching over the corn and Belle watching over the Summer Squash. You can see little sprouts from both the corn and summer squash. I admit I was pretty excited.
This is bed 2 and day 1 fot them. Herewe have Snow White keeping the Brussels sprouts safe and Sleeping Beauty and Tiana watching over the Corn. Bed 3 in the back is Jasmine keeping a close eye on the Bell Peppers.
An overview of all three. Including my shadow, sorry I always seem to take pictures in the late afternoon.
Here is my inside project... tomatoes. I should be transplanting these soon either to the garden or I might try the Topsy Turvey. Not to sure, but just so excited to see things growing.
So that is the Dabalack Garden in a nutshell. If you have any ideas or suggestions on how to keep the garden growing or useful tips, please share I love helpful hints!!
No comments:
Post a Comment