Monday, August 17, 2009

Abby

I have just come to realize, it may not be normal that my third child talks in the third person all the time... Her vocabulary consists of

Abby do it
Abby drink milk
Abby want ba (pacifier), (yes I know at 2 1/2 it should be gone, but its not)
Abby brush teeth
Abby take shower
Abby get dressed

I am sure you get the picture...

With that said, I have also realized that now that I am home with her, I will be potty training, I will be taking her ba away and hearing her scream bloody murder for the first few days, I will be teaching her how to say "I" versus "Abby". These were all moments with my first two children my lovely second mommies (in-home day care providers) did for me. Although I am so grateful to be home now, boy o' boy it is different. So if their are any other moms out there that were previously in corporate America and then came home, I would love to pick your brain on how you have retrained yourself to feel fulfilled. Don't get me wrong, I know I am doing a good job and I am so grateful to have this time at home. But what is a good day for a stay at home mom... all the kids are smiling, get feed, get off to school, don't get hurt, learn something new from me? I would love to hear what makes it a good day for you.

Happy Monday to all those working and staying home... may you have a week filled with accomplishments, laughter, joy and smiles.

1 comment:

Mrs Montoya said...

Awww - do you HAVE to teach her not to speak of herself in the 3rd person. It's REALLY charming :) And, you know I don't have the answer to the fulfillment question, but I've got your back until you figure it out. And a bottle of rum! Love you