Monday, May 25, 2009

Happy Memorial Day

This year Memorial Day has a new meaning for our family.... With both of us being off I have to admit I did not even realize it was a holiday weekend until Tuesday. When I was working I remember how excited I was on a Monday before a holiday, looking forward to that three day weekend. Now every weekend is a three day weekend. I've been given a basket of lemons lately, so I am making the best lemonade ever. :) With us slowing down and appreciating every day and what we have today, I took the time to try and explain to the kids what Memorial Day represents and why we celebrate. Isabella understood, Aaron kinda got it and Abby just said o.k. So to all those soldiers who have given us what we have today, I say THANK YOU!!
A tradition for our family has become attending the strawberry festival in Garden Grove. We have such a blast and with both of us off we were able to take advantage of buying wristbands for the kids. This allows them access to as many rides as they want all day. They had such a blast as you can see below.

Daddy and Abby

Isabella and Mason coming down the slide - they had a blast

Madison Jane chillin in the stroller


Mason enjoying his strawberry supreme....Yummy!!

Games...Games...Games...
Mommy and Daddy
Abby does not want to leave... So sad




No comments: