Friday, September 4, 2009

Flashback Friday - Me

I sit here and ponder what to flashback on today.. my kids... my marriage... me??? All hold a very special and important place in my heart. Today I choose me... I was the girl next door most of my life. Always did what was expected of me, never wanted to let others down and consistently followed the rules. With those actions came typical results. Average student in high school.. average athlete in softball and soccer... average student in college... average working career... average home... I am not complaining about average, nor asking for sympathy. Average has given me many amazing gifts, but now I want more then average. I am blessed to have people tell me when they see me after 10 or 15 years that I look exactly the same. I appreciate that I may still look 20, but again I would like to look like a grown up every now and then. You tell me, minus some added wrinkles... do I still look the same???


The top photo of me was in 1991 and I had just finished climbing half dome in Yosemite. The bottom photo was in April 1993 when I went to visit my Aunt and Uncle in Texas. I really enjoyed that trip!!

This is Chelsea and I in her Colorado home in 1994. I think she looks a lot like Isabella.

Kim and I with Max and Isabella in 2002

For the next 90 days I am setting new goals for myself... above average goals for me. I will let you know how it goes... I am expecting hard times, even harder times and some of the hardest moments of my life. Sounds kinda funny, I know, but hey I am ready to try something new!!!

1 comment:

Mrs Montoya said...

Oh my special Summer - you are so far above average. I get where you're coming from, but sometimes what you are is more than enough for everyone but you. I admire you for working hard, but be kind to yourself too. Love you lots & lots!!!