Friday, February 26, 2010

Flashback Friday - Welcome Abby

Three years ago tomorrow, Abby entered our world. Pregnancy was good with her, I was a little nauseous for the first three months, but the remaining time went well. I gained an appropriate amount of weight and enjoyed the pregnancy. Delivery day was another story. Since this was my third pregnancy and my last pregnancy ended with a 9 lbs + baby the dr. decided if she did not come by her due date we would induce. I was induced on my due date, 2/27/07 and since I was induced with my second I thought I knew what to expect. Get to the hospital early, get some fluids, drugs, epidural, sleep through contractions, and push three times after about 4-5 hours. Not Abby… get to the hospital early, get fluids, get drugs, get epidural…epidural…epidural…. Epidural doesn’t work like it did the last two times. Pain, lots of pain. I can’t sleep like I previously did with the other deliveries. Now I know how lucky I am to have had pretty easy deliveries the last two times and know many women choose to not use drugs or don’t have the option, so to them I salute, that is a lot of pain. Way to go!!




This should have been a sign for me. Abby was going to do things a little different then her siblings and she continues that trait to this day.  So finally 7 hours later it is time to push, but the Dr. was not there. So I had to breathe through contractors for about 45 min and it was NOT fun. So finally the Dr. arrived and two pushes later our 8 lbs 1 oz little girl was here.



She has been an amazing addition to our family and love the joy she brings to people around her!!



How did three years pass so quickly?











No comments: